Ahhhh it’s here!!!!! Bristol Food Connections is back for a 3rd time, with events being run across the city from 29th April – 7th May.
The festival promises to deliver ‘more than just the opportunity to watch others cook and instead offers up experiences, inspiration and learning that transform the way we think about food’.
Bristol Food Connections offer a fantastic array of diverse and engaging events that will educate us about the importance of local produce and of supporting our local communities.
The festival’s programme is packed full of exciting events which are split between the following categories;
- City Centre – with street food markets and events being held at College Green
- Food Trail – highlighting the best of Bristol’s thriving independent food and drink scene
- Community Programme – Cook & Converse events bringing together those facing significant challenges when accessing good healthy food, as well as bringing different cultures together to share food and learn.
- Fringe Festival – offers diverse events across the city
- Markets – there are various markets
- Speakers – talks, demonstrations and workshops from a wealth of renowned chefs
- Brunch 808: Hip Hop Brunch Club
- Spice Yourself Slim – 3.30-4.30pm
- The Turbans – 6.30pm-11.00pm. The Travelling Barn, College Green
- Best of Bristol Banquet
Yurt Lush are offering a 3-course culinary tour of Bristol’s food heritage, with courses from Josh Eggleton, Tom Hunt and George Livesey.
- It’s a Bristol Ting!
From 12.00-8.00pm, Lakota will be transformed into a Caribbean haven with a wicked sound system, rum and of course that all important juicy jerk chicken.
- Spike Island Open Studios – 11.00am – 5.00 pm
Spike Island has opened up its doors this weekend, with family-friendly workshops, exhibitions and live music – as well as lovely food markets.
- Home – 11.00am – 5.00pm.
At Jubilee House, Lucy Portman will be exhibiting paintings inspired by working landlord within our city, whilst hosting a BBQ for all to enjoy.
- East Bristol Brewery Trail – 11.00am-8.00pm
Five of Bristol’s renowned breweries are offering tours of their microbreweries with a chance to meet the brewers and sample some beers!
Enough from me – judging from the above, I’ve got a very exciting day in store!